A lot of folks have a great love for outdoor activities. You can literarily hear the excitement and squeals of joy from people whenever it is mentioned. When a date for any such activity is set, the excitement with which it is prepared for is always a joy to behold.
The concept of the outdoors in itself has this liberating feeling it gives, a certain feeling of freedom to explore. And if the activity to be undertaken happens to have anything to do with the beach or vast amounts of water, then you can be sure that the fun possibilities are endless.
One such fun activity that is usually undertaken by many is fishing. Thanks to the availability of some gadgets, it can even be more fun and a much more rewarding experience.
What Are These Gadgets?
One important gadget used for fishing these days is known as the fish finder, depth finder or sounder depending what country you live in. By using a fish finder you can detect where fish are because of its ability to pick up sound or energy pulses from the water.
In most cases, this gadget has charts and graphical displays from which the user is able to interpret the information being displayed and from which a decision is made on how to proceed. In simple words, it has made fishing a lot easier and more fun to engage in. You can read more about it here.
Things To Know Before Buying A Fish Finder
Obviously, there is a big market for this fishing essential gadget, and this in turn means that there are different products out there that promises to do the job. For a newbie, this might be a lot to handle and might lead to some avoidable mistakes.
To ensure you choose one that will really serve you, the following are some useful guidelines to follow:
1. Ensure that you get one that has GPS
This is one very important feature any fish finder that you choose to purchase or get must have. Though this would make it cost more, this would be a wise decision for the following reasons:
- Where an emergency occurs, e.g. when there are storms or one loses the way, the GPS will help by providing the coordinates on how to get back or on how to get to a safe place.
- It also helps you with making your own maps. This would be really important if you usually go exploring, especially on uncharted waters.
- Should you come across a location that promises a huge catch of fish, you can note that exact location on the GPS so you can easily return to it.
2. Do not choose one solely on the basis of cost
This is a mistake that lots of people make especially when they go for the portable fish finders. This is not to say that they do not have their various benefits, it can even be advisable at times to get such.
The point however is that cost alone shouldn’t determine what you should buy.
3. Choose the right sonar type for your needs
This is a system in the fish finder that emits and receives signals, calculating the distance between them and an object or fish in this case. This can be compared to the sonars used for ultrasounds in medical settings.
There are different types of sonars, and the one you purchase should be dependent on what you need. There are basically three types:
- The Down Scan: With this type, the user will be able to make a more detailed survey within a given water environment. Its can scan up to a forty feet depth or more.
- The Side Scan: This is able to scan very vast amounts of a water area, capable of covering a 100 feet wide area in a single pass. It has been previously used in locating lost ships or shipwrecks.
- The Combination Types: This type is a combination of both the down scan and the side scan. It is a more recent invention which offers you the combined abilities of the previous two types. Of course, it is highly recommended.
You can get more information to help you with your purchase here: https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/fishfinder-buying.html
The Helix 7 Chirp Mega Di GPS G3
This is a classic example of the combination fish finder gadgets, but even better because of the other advanced properties it possesses. These advanced properties include:
- Power and Depth: This is reflected in the fact that it is able to transmit 500W of power at a peak to peak rate of 4000W. The sonar functions at a frequency of 83/200kHz using 2D imaging and you can switch from depth to side imaging if you so wish.
- GPS Navigation: This gadget has a precision GPS which is among the best and its accuracy is impressive. It is also very convenient in that it is able to save maps and tracks. It helps you plot tracks and is compatible with other mapping tracks.
- Efficient Sonar And Transducer Technology: All its sonar modules are side and down imaging combination types. Furthermore, its transducer system is HD supported and can carry up to200/83/455 kHz frequencies.
- Bluetooth: With this, you can connect it to your smart phone, remote control it with your remote and even get text messages. You can also update your unit using your installed fish smart app on your phone.
- CHIRP Sonar: this is another very crucial advancement with these gadgets which enables it to transmit clearer images to you.
You can read more about the Humminbird Helix 7 to find out its many other properties. It certainly comes packed with features. One thing is for sure and that is your fishing expeditions will be much more fun using it.
Hummingbird Helix 7 GPS G3 Fish Finder Review Wrap Up
Outdoor activities that involve fishing are supposed to be great fun. They are also supposed to be rewarding experiences to those who partake in it. With the right fish finder such as the Hummingbird Helix 7 GPS G3 Fish Finder, fishing, which is a fun outdoor experience, will become a lot more fun and more rewarding for you.
Looking for more great fish finder reviews? Then check out this Best Fish Finder article.